View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not interpreting this type of taunt usage as something to do when you're acting as tank for content like chardok queen (which I've done, so between Snaggles and I, I guess that means we've done it all), but for when you're doing second-tier content you don't care about and putting in only cursory effort. You have to be losing aggro *a lot* for that ~8% chance to apply, which would normally be defined as poor gameplay for a knight, except where we're already aknowledging that it's more like lazymode.
This is correct. People seem to forget that this thread is asking about agro generation in general. OP did not ask "What is the optimal strategy for keeping agro on Chardok Queen?"

There is little opportunity cost in spamming taunt in most gameplay situations, since a properly played Knight shouldn't be losing agro often in the first place. Spamming taunt gives you a bit of free agro and a chance to taunt automatically if the mob does happen to lose agro on the rare occasion.

I am sure even the most experienced tank has accidentally blown taunt's cooldown in a critical scenario. This still isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. With taunt's 6 second cooldown and high failure rate, you would be planning on taunt's failure anyway. You wouldn't be pressing taunt on Chardok Queen and hinging your entire tanking strategy on the assumption of a success.