View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if it were doable, it would be insanity inducing for really marginal gain. I get annoyed pulling this trick on my monk where you do it all in 2 clicks … taking almost no time.
20+% DPS increase is not "marginal" gain. If you think doing it with just fist offhand is difficult, that is your own issue. It's fair to say people aren't going to want to try and weapon swap with max haste all the time. Yes it is annoying to do. But playing melee in this game is boring and weapon swapping factually creates the best DPS. People should be aware, try to get better at it, and use it when they feel like putting the effort in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulldudes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my favorite part is how it's a technique used only by "elite warriors who know how to play their class" except it "doesn't work" with ntov wep w/ capped haste
It does work with top tier weapons and haste, but regardless the haste cap is 74% in actual classic Everquest (and for any character Level 50 or lower), where the technique originated and was being used by the best Warriors. The game is not just Level 60 with max haste. Even at 60 with good gear there will be times a Warrior doesn't have max haste, particularly for a solo challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I revisited this in KC, and as anticipated the attention put on spamming clicking just is too expensive, ruining situational awareness. Fighting a curate, swapping in and out a secondary, but took a while to realise some skeletal guardians were passing and ended up having to train out.
Weird fallacy. Why were you pulling a curate somewhere there would be pathers (soloing I assume)? If you pull properly, then you're just going to be standing there auto attacking until the target dies. If you're just standing around auto attacking, then there is opportunity to weapon swap instead and kill faster. And don't say you're too busy doing other things in groups all the time. In most groups the Warrior is still just standing there doing nothing else while fighting. Some of the most boring gameplay sessions I've had are logging onto a friend's Warrior to help them grind. Weapon swapping was the only thing to do that added dimension. Maybe it's still not fun, but at least I knew I was contributing more.