View Single Post
Old 11-24-2023, 06:09 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You made a thread on the p99 forums to promote another emu server of roughly the same timeframe. You're free to give no fucks but expect some critiques. I'm a big fan of the work you did here so don't take it personal.

The reason fungigate is a big turn off is because it comes accross like some kids who finally got the keys to dad's car and decided to go do donuts with it in a parkinglot, and it's indicative of what to expect in the future. I want my GM's utterly mysterious and barely present except when completely necessary. I understand it was meant to actually strengthen confidence in the CSR staff, and hopefully it worked to do that.
I'm expecting criticism, part of bidirectional public communication means that it's a part of that. Obviously, people will cross lines occasionally against us, this doesn't feel like a line crossing to have legitimate concerns, but it doesn't mean I shouldn't reply at all.

Game developers being emotionless has never made sense to me as a game developer and game player. I'm a person, I will have opinions as our players do. I'm human, and I make mistakes, as everyone else does. I wear those mistakes on behalf of the server as I do my success; out in public, on my chest.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle