View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong, it has been happening since 1999, and the Warrior and Monk who won BotB did this. If you are too lazy to put the effort in, that is your own problem. Granted, the amount of robotic execution it requires without a macro is not the most fun, but playing melee in this game is not that fun anyway. Might as well do something more than stand around autoattacking when it matters for a fight.

You don't understand how it works. You don't leave auto-attack on. Using auto-attack isn't needed at all, weapon attacks can be manually pressed.

Yes it is, you're going to get a 20% DPS increase at minimum. That can absolutely make the difference between being able to solo something or not with a character, and for the general amount of MOB's you can farm when grinding.

2+ seconds is sufficient to do the swaps but there are many times where a melee does not have full haste (aka, playing actual classic EQ before everyone has full haste gear/buffs, or any time a melee is doing something without a high level Enchanter around to buff them). It was 4+ second attack delays for Warriors in many situations in 1999, hence why the technique was born. It's boring as fuck standing around and just staring at the screen waiting for your character to do something, and the DPS increase when swapping is very noticeable.
I remember my Kunark manual mentioning ‘x’ being the offhand attack. I never got it to work. What is the trick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzrelax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also if you mess up at any point or misclick that would ruin the whole thing
Click detection in client is terrible, so it is not just a skill issue either.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung