Thread: Pantheon
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 04:04 AM
Kobold

Ideas are dime a dozen, its all about execution. And Pantheon already existed, it was called Vanguard. What they should've done is bought the rights to V:SOH from SoE in 2014 since it was being scheduled to be shutdown and worth nothing to them, retool it to w/e Brad initially wanted or felt was missing from its conception and then try to lure people into something akin to what Square did to FFXIV 2.0. And as much as I rip that game and Brad, I really wanted it to succeed back then, I bought that Collectors Edition box and hoped for the best despite all the warning signs, but damn was I burned by the final janky unoptimized mess and thats an understatement. Anyone remember how horrendous the January 2007 open beta was?
And regarding "instant gratification", the only reason why EQ was able to get away with its jank and dripfeed grind is because it was the first truly 3D game in an emerging genre, which in turn, has declined drastically in the last 12 years. There's a reason why all of the most popular MMO's are ones that came out 10-14 years ago excluding WoW and EVE Online. Nobody is making them anymore since they're redundant and their novelty wore off. And nobody sure has hell wants go back to the days of paying $15 a month to "work"
Last edited by Bisonzabi; 11-17-2023 at 04:15 AM..