View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrior is the only tank that has to even worry about managing their aggro because they are so horrible at it.

Paladins and sks even get to wear a shield so they're arguably more tanky than a warrior. Warriors get evasive so yes that wins but monks pretty much have evasive full time anyway.

A warrior tank gives me the opposite of confidence. A warrior tank makes me think "okay great so I really need to be careful or I'm guaranteed to be dead because our tank couldn't hold aggro if he wanted to"

Also I don't even know what your statement about stats even means. Warriors don't get exclusive buffs or gear that other tanks could get. In fact paladins bring their 200pt hp buff ! Warriors bring nothing
Pretty much this. Majority of wipes I’ve seen are because the tank couldn’t hold aggro not because of lacking dps or mitigation. Shame we don’t have more sods floating around to help wars with that. I’d take a sk for 99% of group content. War would only be good if you’re planning to low man stuff that actually requires disc but you’re giving up a lot for those few mobs that are group able and require it.