View Single Post
Old 10-31-2023, 03:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default About P99 and Trying to Play

I've tried playing P99 in the past years off and on and every time its just been a bad experience for me.

1) The crashes. 95% of the time when logging to character select the game just errors out and crashes forcing me to relog.

2) Zone crashing. Countless times when zoning, I'll just crash during zoning.

So many crashes or freeze ups, it just makes it so damned hard to even stay motivated about playing P99. It's funny because Live EQ plays just fun but EVERY freeshard EQ server I have tried has crashes like these. Not just P99 but other freeshards for EQ.

I have a top of the line PC, so it's not me trying to play these freeshard servers on a crappy pc. Why is it I have so many issues like this? Anyone else go through this?

Another thing I noticed last time on G99 was I'll set my UI up and play, then log off till another time and when I relog back on, my entire UI has reset. Does this every time on green. It's funny, back when Red99 has a decent population, I was playing it on an Alienware laptop, which is now old . . . like 8-9 years old but whats funny is that old laptop with an old 760 gfx card runs P99 fine lol but I want to play it on my main gaming rig but can't.

edit: Just like now, I figured, I'd give it a go, I log on, go to character select and click on my character and click play and . . . error. I mean seriously? Relogged in a second time, got in and of course UI totally reset as usual. :/
Last edited by RPGrandPa; 10-31-2023 at 04:05 PM..