View Single Post
Old 10-17-2023, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

I have an Earring of the Frozen Skull on my necro. Soloing it has not been a huge impact for me; it's pretty rare that I need another da before my cast da cycles. I like it anyway, but I don't think it should be a high priority unless you have specific (probably raid related) usecases in mind.

For others that don't have beads, half a bag of stalking probes goes farther than I might have guessed. They're cheap to recharge.

Quote:
Seriously, try enchanter if you like charm. Hell, even druid. I have a 60 necro and 58 enchanter, 56 druid. I was team Necro is better at charming until late 50s. Enchanter can do so much more than necro with AE Mez, AE Stun, Pacify.
the ONE area Necro does better than Enchanter charming is feigning to mem blur pet. (Paci pet, then feign death and pet forgets about you) It's slightly better than guarding pet far away, invis, stun, and mez/mem blur routine for enchanter.
So far I enjoy the forms of soloing where you break charm and kill the pet to get full xp significantly better on my necro than my enchanter. Self heals, more efficient cast damage, and instant charmbreak without swapping targets are all pretty nice in addition to fd. I do expect to be sick of HS before I hit 60, though.