Thread: Lose Weight
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2023, 10:31 PM
Banned

Yo yo, sorry was on a camping trip with no cell signal for the weekend, although it was nice to unplug during all this war drama

I am not as competitive with lifting as I am with cardio, although I try to stay above average to what I see in the gym. I may start going harder with lifts again, it’s just at 40+, the risks are much higher than going hard on cardio. I also always do at least 30 min of cardio first in my workouts, when most fitness channels recommend doing cardio after

My lifts are around (I go by 45lb plates since I hate doing the math):

3 plate each side squats for reps. Best ever I did lifetime was 4 plates each side. I only high-back-placed squat, raw, in the squat rack

3 plate each side Romanian deadlifts for reps (these should be higher weight than squats for everyone, but I almost tore some ass tendon going hard years ago and have been spooked ever since. I prefer to just do higher reps and if I really want to suffer, not let the bar touch the ground on some sets, but get really close)

2 plate each side bench, rarely. I have a naturally big chest that actually gets so big it doesn’t look aesthetic compared to the rest of my body so I greatly neglect my chest to keep more in proportion

60lb seated military dumbbells, 35lb each side standing barbell press. I could go higher on standing barbell press but as I fatigue, if I fuck up on my form in the slightest, I can torque my neck in a way where it hurts to look to one side for weeks. Not worth it to me. Had that injury multiple times!

45lb dumbbell curls

Hmm does anyone care about other stuff? I do a lot of diff other lifts, each session is 1.5hrs mostly super-set since I hate sitting and wasting time