Thread: Shaman Pets
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2023, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM prob has a list of random points he wants to debate to the death on. Here’s a summary of his nonsense so far:

-There’s “math” to objectively say that ogres are the best shaman race.
-Shamans are a dps class and can out dps mages
-People can’t be mad about players voluntarily awakening the sleeper
-Shaman pets are tanks
-JBB is a min max item for shamans
-Clerics arent needed for 4 man content
-shamans offer more use to enchanters than clerics do

I’ll continue to monitor and track this so that people are aware of all these theories. I’m sure there’s some more I missed.
The only problem is you have poor reading comprehension and make strawmen out of things I say. Your inability to understand nuance is amazing. It is the only way you can feel like you won the debate, instead of actually proving your points. I wouldn't advise listening to anything Crede has to say when it comes to trying to rehash my conversations. He is either very bad at reading, or very bad at trolling. Neither make him credible.

1. All video games are built on rules and math. You can figure out which races are best paired with a specific class. Claiming everything is ambiguous and therefore you can never figure things out is simply not true. This is a cop out answer used when people don't want to feel like they are wrong about something.

2. I never said Shamans were a DPS class, that is not their designation. Factually they can output good DPS when root rotting. When root rotting they can out DPS a Mage. This is easy to prove, so I am not sure why you keep denying it. You purposely leave out the specification of root rotting to be misleading.

3. I never said people can't be mad. The simple fact is awakening the Sleeper is a game mechanic that is meant to be used. Claiming another guild is purposely denying you loot because they played a game mechanic that is meant to be used is nonsense. This is especially true when loot will be denied in either scenario. Not everybody needs a Scepter of Destruction or Shroud of Longetivity. The Essence Lens items are useable on all classes, and are in the top 3 BiS items in those slots for all those classes.

4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umuVBewCNgY - Shaman pets can tank a Cliff Golem. That's pretty good for a level 39 Pet. That doesn't mean they can tank everything, which is what you seem to be implying. As usual you don't understand the concept of nuance.

5. JBB is better than what you get from being an Iksar for most players. This is easy to prove with data. The way you stated this as me saying JBB is "min/max" is purposely misleading. JBB is one factor in many that makes Ogres the best Shaman race.

6. This is true. The majority of 4 man content does not need a dedicated Cleric. That doesn't mean you can't bring one if you want. You can always bring a pocket cleric for occasional CH's or Reses. It is much easier to create a level 49 Cleric than it is to create a Torpor Shaman.

7. A Shaman/Enchanter duo can do more content than a Cleric/Enchanter duo, because Clerics don't open up new content. Things like Fungi King and WW Dragons are better done with a Shaman/Enchanter, for example. Nobody has been able to show a camp that can only be done with a Cleric/Enchanter, where a Shaman wouldn't be able to handle it.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-13-2023 at 02:46 PM..