View Single Post
Old 10-02-2023, 12:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEH84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3) Lastly, I want to be a gnome. It may not be min max or even good, but I want to be a gnome. That being said, all points into STR or STA? Or split?
It really doesn't matter. Strength is so easy to max out with shaman buffs that you could put no points into it and all-vanilla nearly-free gear will get you to 255; and outside of raids, it doesn't matter in the slightest if you have max strength. Half the time, there'll be a shaman in the group anyway, and even if there isn't, nobody will notice a difference. The mob will die a quarter of a second faster if you have max strength. It never affects your XP/hour, your group's chance of avoiding a wipe, or any other such thing that's worth caring about. Put it this way, your XP/hour depends more on your puller's FPS than on your strength stat. It's utterly immaterial.

Stamina is similarly irrelevant in 99.9% of cases. At level 60, you get 4 HP per stamina and can assign a maximum of 25 points to it. It is, at most, a 100 HP difference when you have 3k+ buffed. Once or twice in your life, you might find yourself in a situation where 100 HP mattered. It really doesn't happen very often. I would personally put all my points in stamina just because it's harder to max out than strength, but if you take two rogues with the same gear where one had no points in stamina and the other put all his points in it, nobody would ever notice any difference in how often they die. In nearly all cases, that 100 HP didn't save you. You died anyway and it made no difference.

Gnome is great because you get to see through walls, you get to be small on raids without having to be moved into shaman groups for shrink, and you just have a nicer time circling around mobs in groups without your character model colliding as much with others. Anytime your wimpy legs give you trouble with stairs, just click your dark elf mask (trivial to obtain) and that solves that problem. Gnome is the best race for rogue, and it doesn't matter at all where you put your stats.

But I'd put them all in stamina. It's just more min-maxy.
Last edited by greatdane; 10-02-2023 at 01:05 AM..