Thread: Rogue as a main
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2023, 12:44 AM
Fire Giant

If your playtimes or habits lead you to spend a lot off time alone, rogue is a poor choice. Aside from particular weirdos who like to insist that any class can solo, rogues can do nothing on their own. I'm an EU player who leveled a rogue from 1 to 55 this year, and if I logged in during off-hours, it was often just hopeless as there simply weren't enough players to get a group going. Even if I did manage to get people together in the afternoon, it was a nightmare anytime someone had to leave, because groups fall apart if it takes 20 minutes to find a new tank or healer.

If your playtimes are more peak-like, rogue is fine, though you probably do have to stick to the tired mainstream leveling route of Crushbone/Oasis > Unrest > Mistmoore/Highkeeep > City of Mist > Karnor's. Finding groups anywhere else is very unreliable, and if you bring your own group to an empty zone, you'll be spending more time waiting for replacement than you do actually grinding. There's a reason everyone sticks to the aforementioned path. Who wants to spend half an hour getting to some obscure zone and then the tank has to leave almost right away?