View Single Post
Old 09-25-2023, 03:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're a 60 pound girl who takes up martial arts lessons (and posts photo's and videos of it online) so you can defend yourself on the streets against a gang of armed men or an out of control dump truck. Why? Cause it's trendy to do martial arts (or pretend to).
My 4yr old daughter started kids karate on Saturday. It was mostly a class of 6-8yr olds but she absolutely smashed it, participated in everything even though she was the smallest in the class and made mistakes, wasn't phased in the slightest at doing exercises with much older children, and was showing off her punches and kicks afterwards. To say I'm proud is an understatement.

If you're bitter at the world and all its imperfections it usually means it's you who is struggling. When you put others down to make yourself feel better, it's your inadequacy that I immediately see, not theirs.

I won't judge you for this -- yet -- because this is a teachable moment. What I think of you will depend on what you do with this information, and whether you choose to better yourself so you can give back to the world instead of poking holes in it.