View Single Post
Old 09-23-2023, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

No page one discussion continues on page twenty-five of a thread. By that times it’s taken on a life of itself and it’s mostly red yarn and magazine clippings.

No sane person would ever downplay the functional advantage of a JBB vs not having one while leveling up. Even in your high 40’s with an epic and fungi it’s a huge advantage. It does lose steam in the mid 50’s with an epic and fungi. Can a shaman still solo to 60? Of course. I did after stubbornly not wanting to buy back my JBB for the 5th time or swapping over my Fungi. I got my epic af 60. It was stupidly easy to solo the shaman because the class is very good.

The issue I see on the forums is trying to get bumper sticker advice on a very nuanced game. Depending on play style, level, budget, end goal, all this crap varies wildly. Nobody asks specifics nor do we define them in our responses.

My big axe to grind was arguing you can’t functionally JBB while casting all your dots, torping, and using Canni. I’ve tried. Pages later to realize the big debate was assuming only Pox, JBB, and pet for dps (note: I never watched the video…) I’ve done this same thing in Chardok and it works fine that way even if not my preference. I always double debuff with Sini and Malady in that situation for less resists (mana wasted and lower dps) but to each their own.