View Single Post
Old 09-21-2023, 06:32 AM
Kobold

Default How do classes change in Luclin and PoP?

In Classic, not many people played things like Ranger, Pally, SK, or even melee in general. When Green 2.0 came out, it seemed like mostly casters; at least that I saw, especially Mages.

Then in Kunark, there was suddenly a ton of Monks and Necros, for obvious reasons. But I think melee classes in general were around more. Whereas Mages started to lose power.

And finally, in Velious, it feels Mages are only used for raids. And melee is superrrr strong.

I don't have much experience with most classes, so I don't know exactly how they changed through Classic, Kunark, and Velious, but I kind of have an idea.

However, when it comes to the next couple expansions, Luclin and PoP, I've no idea. I've never played either of them. My only EQ experience is here on P99. But recently I've been reading people talk about a new server starting in a couple weeks that will use these expansions. So that got me thinking ....

Do you guys know much about those expansions?
If so, how do classes change in them?

Do Rangers get better and are more common to see?
Do Mage pets begin to get stronger again?
Can Wizards able to solo better, or invited to groups more often? Or are they still used mostly for just raids?