View Single Post
Old 09-20-2023, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can agree to disagree with you about the JBB effectiveness at 60. But, this is a take I just cannot stand for.

a) Epic doesn't have to cost money. When I was trying for epic, I would track the golems ToD and try to inspire my guild to raid fear if they were in window. This worked.

b) Epic is the fastest way to level past JBB effective level range. Pick a zone with melee mobs. Root rot 4 at a time with 0 downtime. Velks? Sure. Permafrost. Yeah! Howling Stones, you bet! If you like levelling more slowly, WL Geos? I guess.

c) I'd rather be 60 without Torpor and Epic than be 55 with enough money for Torpor and no epic. Grinding exp is the most monotonous, boring part of the game. Earning plat is fun. Make the boring part simple, and then figure out the fun part later. But I suppose that's just me.
Not everybody gets Epic before 60. Assuming everybody will get Epic before 60 just because you did is silly.

You can level quickly with JBB in a number of great zones, including PoM Rat Maze. I did it just fine, so your idea that it's bad is wrong.

There is no reason why you can't give people advice for alternative leveling strategies. If you only have 60k in the bank, buy JBB and resell it for Torpor at 60. Having Torpor at 60 will allow you to farm faster than Epic at 60 with no Torpor. If you happen to be in a guild and get Epic while doing raiding on the side, great! You still have money for Torpor.

Earning plat with Torpor is more fun than grinding guards with Epic.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-20-2023 at 12:16 PM..