View Single Post
Old 09-17-2023, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I specifically said that it wasn't about what I wanted. Work on your reading comprehension.
You can't say, "Guys, I promise it's not just about what I want," and then ask for something that no one else but you (and Trexller tbf) are asking for. Yes, it's basically just you two. I haven't seen anyone else in this thread or the Quarm Discord advocating to launch with content through PoP enabled. Maybe there are others I haven't noticed, but I guarantee you're in the vast minority either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finally getting to an answer to the question. Where is your data to back this claim up?
Let me cite you a peer reviewed study on EQ Emu server releases. Lol. The fuck are you on about? This is common sense. The continued popularity of live Progression servers is evidence enough, as well as the launch of P1999 Green to great fanfare, which followed a progression timeline rather than launch with Velious enabled (which it could have obviously done). Most people who choose to play a 25 year old elf simulator for a nostalgia kick prefer that their nostalgic experience closely mirror their actual memories, which requires an expansion progression timeline, not a diarrhea dump of all the expansions at once. This is not rocket science or in any way controversial. It is simply how it should be done.