Thread: Lol for real?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2023, 10:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.npr.org/2023/09/07/11982...za-baluchi-atl

We live in strange and interesting times folks!
Yeah I was just talking with a co-worker about this yesterday

Apparently this dude almost keeps accidentally killing himself, gets saved by the coast guard and then threatened with arrest, then threatens to kill himself

I asked my co-worker who was explaining it, "wait, wait, why is he almost accidentally killing himself? That thing looks sturdy enough"

And my co-worker who knows all the backstory answered "the last time he was literally running in giant circles. He brings no navigation, then gets lost, then goes in circles until someone happens to notice and save him"

Then I said something like "Well he should get himself a way to navigate and make a serious attempt. It would be cool to the first person to run across the ocean. Would suck if you get caught out in a storm though"

And my co-worker was like "do you know how long it would take to run across the ocean? How are you going to bring enough food on that thing? What are you going to do with all the waste?"

I was like "Oh...yea"