Thread: Rogue as a main
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2023, 10:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'd say rogue is a bad main character if youre comparing different classes abilities in getting themselves geared and providing twink gear for alts

best thing about rogue is having low maintenance playtime: never need to beg a CR, if a group has space they will probably take you, noone ever asks you to pull, easy raid job and always a welcome class, and most importantly, instant safe afk practically everywhere. rogue is slow to travel but what other classes can be instantly put down for RL concerns and not maybe die?

i did have to take up factioning and questing to stay sane for my rogue main though, i cant stand sitting around just ...... waiting for a group. lots of running around with LFG on/sending tells

EDIT: almost forgot the epic convenience of being able to use every bank and every merchant, and also the sheer fun of being able to explore almost any zone in 100% safety when you're bored or curious
I believe you mean monk for most importantly section of the post. Monk can get places rogue can't (mobs that see through Hide). If done right, Monk can also get there just as fast as rogue. (I've flopped down to Poop Mountain in Seb in a race with rogues and won) Monk is the ultimate, "I have to go right now" class for this reason. Feign death, /exit, and just remember to hit FD when you log back in.

But yeah, rogue is a great low-maintenance class, and is the second best at getting anywhere in the game. The big advantage of rogue over monk is the expectation from raids / groups. Monk are expected to pull, and rogue are expected to appear from hide and backstab until dead, then go back to hide until next mob in camp.

I think Rogue is a great main. Wonder how OPs doing now.