View Single Post
Old 08-29-2023, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, personally I'm a lot less worried about MQ because it's observable. Eventually someone will see and report you, a GM will silently watch you do it again, and you'll be gone from the server.

ShowEQ is more insidious. If I pop into Kedge, check ShowEQ, see nothing is up, and leave ... even if a GM is watching me, all it looks like is that I changed my mind on where to hunt (maybe I saw no one in zone was LFG, so I left). If I instead see that (say) the Ferocious Shark is up, and head for him ... all a GM would see is me checking a spawn point to see if a mob is up (and then discovering that it is).

The net result is that a lot of people will use ShowEQ and get nameds that non-Show-EQ users will miss out on, while the non-users won't even know it's going on: they'll just feel like nameds are up a bit less frequently on Quarm.

I'm still pretty excited about Quarm, but I don't want to have to use ShowEQ, or miss out on a ton of loot to people who do, so this might just stop me from joining the server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.