View Single Post
Old 08-28-2023, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revanx22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue was actually my first pick when I started on p99, but I gave up at level 20ish because I couldn't do anything without a group. I know warriors can't solo with my level of gear, but I thought I could at least kill a blue mob and afk a bit while hp comes back. Is rogue able to do that to any extent when a group isn't available? Not looking to legit solo, just dickin around while trying to get a group going.
Both Warriors and Rogues can solo with 10k worth of gear since you can afford a good ratio weapon + a haste item. You should also be able to buy https://wiki.project1999.com/Embalmers_Skinning_Knife for infinite bandages.

It's just going to be slower. You are going to be killing a static mob, AFKing while you recover your HP, rinse and repeat. The mob is probably going to need to be a bit lower level than usual XP mobs too, which means less XP per kill.

If you think you can handle that, then you should be fine. You can also try bow kiting mobs if you want to put in more effort. Get Jboots or SoW pots and get your fletching skill up so you can make arrows while out in the field. Buy the arrow ingredients and bring your fletching kit. This will give you more arrows in total than simply bringing arrow stacks.

I am not sure which route ends up being faster, but neither are great compared to other classes that can solo well.