Thread: SK Race Choice
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let’s get back to this discussion, it seems you have plenty of time to engage with others. Looking at my numbers I realized I wasn’t factoring in the APM of a gcd. Going back to my above example, 4 slows costs you 1000 mana. This is approximately 2 torpor’s and 6 cannis. That would be 14 actions((torpor+gcd+canni+gcd+canni+gcd+canni) * 2 = 14). This results in about 4 APM based on my earlier post. If you’re taking things somewhat easily which lets say is about 20 APM, that could potentially be a 20% APM reduction. To me that is significant. I don’t know what the average shaman APM is though as there’s likely too much variance there, but I do think there’s value added here. And as previously mentioned, regen also can make torpor 14% better. While you may not feel this is personally worth it, I do think people should realize these numbers and let them decide accordingly.

Such thing can vary based on the type of engagement you are using, but I think where you’ll see the true benefit of regen is in longer situations, which you’ve previously agreed with. Or if you ever find yourself in a bind and have to use FD ring, it can be really nice for that. I don’t think there’s enough evidence that supports neglecting it completely.
Ok I took a look at my logs.

1. 400 actions over 21 minutes (19 APM)
2. +15 Regen provided 2400 HP (2 Torpors). I didn't have Regrowth on for the first 5 minutes or so.
3. I cast 33 Torpors and 121 cannibalizes, which means 4 cannibalizes per Torpor.
4. (4 actions from 2x Torpor + 2x GCD) + (16 actions from 8x cannablizes + 8x GCD) = 20 actions saved potentially with Regrowth.
5. Theoretically I saved 1 APM in that fight from Regrowth, assuming I needed the two Torpors. I would have been at 20 APM without Regrowth + Fungi.

Using the data above and assuming I had Fungi + Regrowth on the entire fight:
1. 420 actions over 21 minutes (20 APM)
2. +30 Regen provided 6300 HP (5 Torpors)
3. 4 cannibalizes per Torpor
4. (10 actions from 5x Torpor + 5x GCD) + (40 actions from 20x cannablizes + 20x GCD) = 50 actions saved potentially with Regrowth + Fungi.
5. Theoretically goes down to 17.7 APM

Fungi + Regrowth saves roughly 2 APM. That is why I am saying it's not really noticeable for Shaman players. 20 APM really isn't bad to begin with. 18 APM isn't going to feel different over a fight this long. This is especially true since Shaman spells are long casts. You are looking at 5-10 seconds per 2 actions via waiting for spells to finish, so you can rest your hands. The cannibalize portions are going to be the heaviest, but you are still forced to wait 4 seconds per cannibalize, so that is 1 action per 2 seconds per cannibalize.

This is why Shamans prefer Vindi BP. Fungi Tunic alone is saving 1 APM, and Vindi BP provides more AC, HP, and Resistances. All of these stats are better for mitigating damage spikes, which are the biggest problems Shamans run into when soloing tough mobs. This is also why I typically don't bother using Regrowth. I don't notice the 1 APM it saves me. A lot of fights are also shorter than this, so you get less benefit from HP Regeneration. This is one of the longest fights I can think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not scrubbing your 4500+ posts for historical tidbits. I cant recall you posting once with any humility, running one stupid test without an ounce of "I could be wrong here but..." baked in. Nobody here has poisoned my views against you, an ounce of levity in a DSM post would be refreshing though. Hell, it's a video game. You arent trying to convince people against eating Tide pods.
You simply missed those posts. You have admitted that you haven't read all of my posts, and you have been caught misquoting me multiple times. I didn't poison your views, you simply cherry picked some data, read a few things incorrectly, and came to a faulty conclusion. Please stop spreading misinformation about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t agree or disagree with the person. I disagree or agree with what is being said. Unfortunately you are wrong in these discussions more often than not. What brings you ire, however, is the stupid way you go about being wrong.
You troll a lot, even when you are incorrect on a point and refuse to admit it. You cannot deny this based on your post history. You have hundreds of posts of just gifs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
regen isn’t worthwhile on a 60 shaman with torpor …
You are misquoting me here. Please stop creating strawmen.

Quote:
or when you say shaman dps in a high dps group with 2 charm pets is as good as a mage …
You can get to Mage level DPS when you root rot. Please stop creating strawmen.

Quote:
or when you say 4.3% more dps isn’t “worth it” compared to minuscule extra total mana pool on a casual sk….
So far my data on this topic is more conclusive than yours is. Please stop saying this is BS when you haven't done anything to show otherwise.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-22-2023 at 12:34 AM..