View Single Post
Old 08-21-2023, 12:44 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because Secrets wants to make another closed source garbage box server with Uthgaard whereas I want to make P99 better or create an open source community collaboration server. Secrets has posted for years now about wanting to run a server. I don't want to run a server it's a pain in the fucking ass and I don't blame P99 devs for walking on this community I only blame them for not admitting it and telling everyone.

Watch out for server admins desperate for power and to "run it all from behind the curtain" it never ends well. Uthgaard himself is already a notorious power tripping hack as a GM so it speaks volumes they're teaming up.
Project Quarm will be fully open source, as is TAKProject. I hope P99 benefits from it in some way.

"Power" doesn't really get you anything tangible like you think it does, by the way. I don't get anything out of running this. It's a massive burden on peoples' personal lives to run something like this.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle