View Single Post
Old 08-20-2023, 06:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure calling him out here will motivate him to reply to other people in the future. Good job OP.

Also beware the "seemingling easy" fix that may really be a rat's nest of client hacks that may be very technically challenging to incorporate into a server that has been patched for 15 years with bandaid code.
Holding people accountable is important. I've donated money to this project. I've contributed code changes. I'm going to continue pointing out that the staff have seemingly abandoned this project or are embracing a custom server path.

They have bait and switched the community that supported P99 and seem to be fine appealing to people who have no notions of what classic EQ was like in order to maintain a population here and reduce any effort on their part to actually provide a classic experience.

All the excuses about volunteers, time constraints, it's their project, and so on are just that. They're excuses for the people running this project who aren't keeping their word. A lot of people here played and contributed because we believed the staff would continue to promote classic EQ in the way they had years ago when all of this started.

That has all changed though and although the now expected lack of communication offers a lot of room for speculation, none of us know why they act the way they do. Many of us are sick of dealing with it though and this includes former staff who also quit because of inaction and apathy. I'll continue to express my displeasure with the direction P99 has taken as a long standing community member who was given financially and technically to the project.