View Single Post
Old 08-20-2023, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

I hear Quarm is going to at least have "close to classic" resist rate: maybe not Velious era, but at least Luclin era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regarding resists: TAKP's resist system is modeled off of the resist revamp that occurred late into Luclin, which is mostly what is still used on Live. A Sony dev posted pseudocode of it a decade ago and I parsed a ton of logs so it's quite accurate. It is however more forgiving than classic to Velious era resists in most cases, not harsher. I've no clue on the specifics of p99's implementation so I can't say how it compares to p99. Classic era resist logic is high on my wishlist of things I'd like to know.
As for P99 ... Nilbog has been working to recreate classic here for over a decade here. That's a really long time!

I 100% agree with you about P99 being "easy mode", and I've been been the old man yelling at a cloud about it in these forums for years. But at the same time, I've had a ton of fun on this "easy mode" server, and I'm extremely appreciative of Rogean's, Nilbog's, and any many others' efforts to let everyone play here.

If, after more than ten years, Nilbog has given up on keeping it classic, and he's ok with keeping it "easy mode" ... well, I think he's earned that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.