View Single Post
Old 08-09-2023, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok there were so many issues with trial 1 I'm going to put it in the scrap bin and we will try again. The results were significant but there were issues. Even though the parses support my hypothesis and understanding of this game, I cannot rightfully stand on them confidently and proclaim it is accurate. Regardless, I will post findings.

I had to move along because other players needed the camp more rightfully for quest related reasons.

Methods: Single pull static spawn undead. Lull neighbor. Pull. Fight down to 20% or just below. Root. Camp. Log back in. Heal, rinse repeat.

# of fights 7 with each setup
Str variables: 140 vs 160

Limitations of fights:
-High green xp mob, not blue (this is a problem)
-Due to the above, fights were not as long as they should have been
-High variability from fight to fight. Ironically my highest dps was at 140 str but the averages still are relevant
-Very limited hits logged due to aforementioned low level of mobs and not enough time in camp to get a more appropriate # of hits

Strengths of this test/parse:
-Same mob 100% of the time
-Within xp range (albeit barely)

160 strength:
Av DPS: 29
Av Hit: 62
Max hit: 120

140 strength:
Av dps: 25
Av Hit: 58
Max hit: 116

Difference in DPS: 16%
Difference in av Hit: 6.8% (not consistent with findings in av dps - that's RNG luck one way or another)
Difference in max hit: 3.5%

Weapon used:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Darkmetal_Falchion

Goal was to prolong the fights as long as possible.

Buffs: Self only
-Strength difference accomplished by removing gear, none of which had + attack effects
-Yaulp was never used

*bonus fries: there was a significant parse-able difference in damage taken in removing pieces of gear

TLDR:

Parse, though it showed what i wanted it to show ... it has fatal flaws. I will try again and will brainstorm mobs that are dark blue exclusively moving forward.

TALLY HO!

What could make this easier?
-finding a a much higher level mob
-having a dedicated healer so individual fights could be longer
-having a corner to back into so repositioning is a non issue
Multiple issues here:

1. I do not know when gameparse decides a fight has started. This can skew the average DPS if there is dead time between autoattack on and autoattack off.
2. You need to exclude ripostes. For example, I got 4 ripostes on the first turtle test, and 9 on the second turtle test. That is hundreds of damage that is random, and can skew either data set.
3. You used a 1h weapon, and I used a 2h weapon. There are differences in how those formulas work.
4. You need to tell us what mob you were fighting.
5. Your difference in DPS was 4, and mine was 3. The only reason why your percentage is higher is because your numbers are lower (because you used a 1H sword). I am not sure why you are celebrating when the numbers are similar, and they may be a bit inflated.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-09-2023 at 06:49 PM..