View Single Post
Old 08-09-2023, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushy_master [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are called the *plains* of Karana so I think they were meant to have a lot of large swaths of empty area. Kind of like the great plains of Atonica.

I kind of like this contrast with the Freeport side which feels a bit claustrophobic the way Neriak, another major starting city, is just a couple zones away.
His other comment about nothing dropping also isn't entirely correct. The Karana bandits are one of the top early money-making quests you can do...there's a reason they are so camped on fresh servers. Additionally, in NK you have the Gypsy Medallion and Giant's Reminder String, which are close to if not BIS items in the pre-Kunark era (isn't there also a Werewolf that drops some good loot?), plus the GLS turn ins which can net very solid plat and EXP for the level of the quest.

WK in general has a bunch of good camps, maybe not necessarily with loot but for EXP (and that's not even including the Bandits I mentioned). Obviously, once Kunark and Velious come out people don't really level there as much anymore, but they were well designed zones for the time period.