View Single Post
Old 08-02-2023, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Understood. I get this perspective. If all we have to go on is the devs posting from the past right at server release then I'd be right there with you.

The thing that changed what the devs were planning though was the need for Teal. It may have nearly doubled the work load for server release than they had originally anticipated. On the bright side it gave them real world practice in merging servers. They are ready technically for Green to merge into Blue if they still plan to do that.

With the added popularity, the temporary deployment server of Teal, and eventual remerge of Green and Teal the most dramatic outcome of this added unanticipated stress load was dev radio silence. As in they haven't updated us since then.

If you think that their original messaging is still their plan, then I could see why you might think there would be another server deployed by p99 devs this year. I think Green's continued popularity has pushed back their original plans.

Only time will tell.
Not really sure how that's a response to what I said, but ok I'll respond to it anyway.

I don't think a server's popularity changes or delays their plans. They have always said, since inception of this project, that they want to have rolling server releases.

The fact of the matter here is that there are lots of changes identified during Green that need to be made among the general work load to get the merge done, get the new server started up, etc. Realistically, it's probably just that the devs are unpaid volunteers and currently don't feel like getting around to it. That's usually been the explanation for a lot of things, such as the final patch or two on Blue that took a long time to show up, the launch of Green in general, and other fixes being implemented (or delays in the patch timeline on Green). Not that I blame them in the slightest...it's their lives and free time they should do whatever they want with it, including ignore P99 forever if they so choose.

But thinking there's some other reason going on here is pretty crazy lol