View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 11:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made an account a while ago, but never gave this game a fair shake. I guess life got in the way. That combined with the fact that I was dead set on Warrior at the time. it was possibly a bad mix.

Now I have time due to a change in circumstances. I've been trying to get back into MMOs but have been unable to find a fit. I've generally stuck to Vanilla WoW era Tab Target games, but even those are getting a little fast these days. LOTRO, a game I keep coming back to every once in a while, is even starting to wear on me. I guess things are hitting me harder than I thought.

Add to that the limited income I'm on and trying out a lot of the new "old-school" games isn't really an option. Embers Adrift looked cool but has a low population and a box price. TLP servers require a sub.

Well, I'm kind of getting off topic. I've got the game installed again. I've had a little EQOA experience in the past, but nothing that really amounts to anything. Just spamming LFG in Qeynos and playing my class wrong.

I love the social aspect of these games, and if I could group 100% of the time, I would. I know that's not a realistic expectation as the server is probably progressed.

I've seen folks recommend classes like Necro, Bard, and Shaman, and I can see why. My issue is complexity. How complex or "active" do these classes get? I'm pretty sure I can rule Bard out. I'm okay with low APM or "boring" gameplay. That's actually kind of what I'm looking for. I just want to chill out in an online world, and hopefully meet some cool people. Nowadays games have so much stuff going on, 30+ keybinds, I just can't keep up.

If I was going to give P99 another shot, where would be a good place to start?
Cleric. Shaman, if you want to be able to solo during those uncommon times when there are no groups to be had regardless of your class.