View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Banned

https://web.archive.org/web/20020116....topic&index=6

Quote:
nohsup
(12/28/01 9:56:35 pm)
Reply Re: Renux Question
I did Renux at 51 about with just my 60 Bard friend. Took a while, but in the end one of his guildies snared Renux with her druid twink. Let the bard agro kite like a long time lol. Grab another melee friend as long as u dont get much agro, and always evade when u can. If she lays a finger on you, say bye bye.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=700

Quote:
EverQuest icon
Sainy's Singing Dagger
LORE ITEM PLACEABLE
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: 1H Piercing Atk Delay: 22
DMG: 7 Dmg Bonus: 31
This item is placeable in yards, guild yards, houses and guild halls.
Effect: Symphonic Harmony (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 20
WT: 1.2 Size: MEDIUM
Class: BRD
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)
Slot 2, Type 20 (Ornamentation)
Quote:
Oh yes, it works...
#Oct 01 2001 at 4:47 PMRating: Default
__DEL__1592250441948
70 posts
Fighting in Stonebrunt Mountains is wonderful, especially paired with a druid. ^_^; Only problem is I forgot about this sweet little proc (which saves my butt in groups) annnnnd the snared mobs instantly aggro'd on the druid. What I wanted to say was this: it's an AE effect, strangely. It may say one thing looks peaceful, but when fighting 4 cats, all 4 stuck to the druid the second my dagger went off.

Definately a must to live in groups. Stuff it in your bag and pull out something with a dmg proc if you are going to partner up with a caster / priest class.
Quote:
Broken
#May 27 2001 at 3:23 PMRating: Default
__DEL__1591749964221
89 posts
This weapon does not proc anything I don't think. According to spdat, this does

Cast on you: You feel at peace
Spell cast on somebody: Looks peaceful
Unknown: (negative) 100
None/None Wind Instrument Cast Time 3 Seconds
Quote:
So the proc does nothing so the proc % on the weapon is 0%
▲ Page top
RE: Broken
#Sep 16 2001 at 4:25 AMRating: Default
__DEL__1592756879279
71 posts
negative 100 means its lowering you on its aggro list by 100.. dunno how to put it into words, buts its negative, as in its lowering something... theres no defined word in the spdat database tfor aggro, so it comes up with unknown

https://web.archive.org/web/20050527...topic&index=84

Quote:
khalm
Minstrel
(8/22/04 2:11 pm)
Reply Re: Master of Disgust
we cant have our cake and eat it too. one of these days SoE is just going to change the way bard songs cause agro and we will be eating death after death because tanks wont be able to taunt a mob off us. then there will be a HUGE uproar from everyone complaining about not being able to pull anymore because the tanks cant taunt a mob off you due to the huge agro you generated from HoS/slow that was used to pull the mob to camp, or because we cast mez on a mob 12 times. mobs are hitting for 1500+ nowadays and they are going to hit a helluva lot harder in OoW. im still sporting my 9k HP buffed the last thing i need is a mob who resisted slow beating me down in 2 rounds because i am OOM from the first 10 mobs i pulled causing me to FM because they did not lose agro on me.

the last thing we need is to be broken in the high end game because a few people wanna tank LDoN content.

we arnt tanks... hence the no taunt button.
Elfise Pressleaf
65 Bard
Veeshan's Fury
Bristlebane
Quote:
khalm
Minstrel
(8/23/04 1:26 am)
Reply Re: Master of Disgust
yeah in a perfect world yes but this is Norrath and SoE wont let you have the best of both worlds. your either gonna have low agro or HUGE agro.

i read your post and you need to read it yourself. do you see chanters with a low agro tash and a high agro tash? no you dont and the reason is balance. we are not a tank class we never were a tank class and i have been playing since 99 so yes i remember when the agro was bad and i also remember everyone being pissed off about it .... that why it was fixed so we didnt have high agro caused by pulses of a song, so lets not take a step back to 4 years ago and start increasing bard agro.

get a tank or make a tank if you wanna do a group as a tank ... lord knows there are plenty of classes, Rng, Pal, Shd, Bst, War, Ber all that can and are a tank far better than us. hell even a necro makes a better tank than us with their taps.

we dont need to blur the lines between our class and every other class in EQ anymore than it already is because then more people will cry that we are over powered for another reason. lets fix and enhance our abilities now b4 we start swimming in the neighbors pool.

Elfise Pressleaf
65 Bard
Veeshan's Fury
Bristlebane
Last edited by Ennewi; 07-31-2023 at 10:54 AM..