Thread: Quillmane spawn
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2023, 07:23 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha uh well, you might call it "hard" if an item takes a long time to get. You're just mincing words here. If it's a huge pain in the ass to get an item, for any reason, then it's hard to get. By definition.

Also if the devs didn't realize the value of a levitate clicky at the time, why would they make quillmane so rare as to keep people playing and paying?

The only reason there was a monthly subscription fee is because it costs money to keep the servers running, especially on 1999 technology and infrastructure. And sure they are trying to make money. Videogames are a business, but that doesn't mean that every creative decision must be related to making more money.
So if you are a bard and want to get say the red dragon scale. That will be HARD to get. You need a raid force, you need to "hope" it drops. You then need to actually kill the mob.

If you are a mage and need the cloak, you just kill lv 5-10 mobs. It is just time consuming. It's not hard to kill the PH's. It's not a challenge. If I kill naggy and get the scale after getting a raid force together, I feel a sense of accomplishment. We managed to get 30 people and slay a dragon. If I kill a bunch of lv 5 mobs and get Quill to spawn and get the cloak, I feel like I just wasted a bunch of time killing PH's.