View Single Post
Old 07-19-2023, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should probably check the wiki first, since you cannot decide if STR is going to help or not. I understand the stat just fine, and I can show the math of how much STR you can get from items/buffs quite easily. That is why putting points into STR is not a good idea. You can get 235 STR from buffs alone in a raid situation, and 235 + 60 is 295, which is 40 STR over the cap.

You have already admitted that the 25 STR will not be significant during the leveling process, so it doesn't really matter if you have 150 STR or 175 STR during that period.

It doesn't sound like you have anything else to go on here.
Your logic supports going CHA. You have yet to provide a real, valid argument that STA offers any benefit to a rogue over strength. The fact that sta is harder to cap than str means absolutely nothing because you could then just focus on CHA. To prove the value of STA you’d have to show that that extra hp somehow mattered to rogue survivability. Otherwise it’s just a waste, and you’d be better off capping CHA if you’re chasing hard to cap stats.

The fact of the matter remains that strength will provide a better short term benefit than sta will. If you want to cap as much as possible, then go cha over sta. Choosing STA is like this weird middle tier where you’ve raided enough to cap str easily but you haven’t capped sta yet. It doesn’t really fit into any category. It’s like “min max lite”.

OP probably went strength on their gnome, and would have been smart to do so. If they went sta, it’s not the end of the world, but I can guarantee you will feel the benefits of starting str more than starting sta. Starting sta is a magelo stat when you want to feel warm and cozy about staring at your max hp pool. You actually will have no idea if it provided a benefit to you. My Sk went stamina. I honestly didn’t come across a single situation where I was glad I went stamina, and that’s a tank class, not a dps class.