View Single Post
Old 07-19-2023, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your argument is 43 STR is not needed, but 25 STR is needed. It's nonsense. If you thought OP needs strength, you wouldn't advise they roll gnome. You would tell them to roll barbarian.

When you argue that fashion > stats, you are admitting starting stats aren't a big deal. OP could do just fine by dumping their starting stats into WIS.

You might as well put your points into the harder to cap stat, STA, since it doesn't matter too much anyway. You get a bonus throughout your toons life, including endgame, by putting your points into STA.

STR is easy to cap, it is the easiest stat to cap in the game. With 20k you can get enough STR and WR bags. Nobody is going to kick you from a group/raid because you have 150 STR instead of 175 STR. If that did occur, you would be telling people to roll barbarian.
Since your argument is essentially “cap sta quicker” then you would also tell them to roll barbarian. That’s not a factor, OP specified gnome. Stop bringing barbs into the equation in a failed attempt to be cunning and try to distort the logic.

How easy/hard a starting stat is to cap has nothing to do with the impact it actually has on a character throughout their lifetime. If you truly want to forego greater starting stat benefits on a GNOME(not barbarian) vs end game magelo stat maxing, then you should go CHA because it is harder to cap than STA in velious.

And I noticed you ignored my mention of CHA, so I will take it that you agree, CHA is harder to cap than STA, so just go with that if you really are into capping stats. It still provides a benefit to rogues from both a role play and loot/pickpocketing vendor pp potential.