View Single Post
Old 06-28-2023, 10:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First law of thermodynamics: change in energy = energy in - energy out. All other explanations are cope. Hope this helps.
To a large extent I agree. Just like to win some gender and sexuality related arguments, some people lean WAYY too fucking hard on the concept that hermaphrodites exist, therefore everything is a spectrum, because some people are born with both genitals, therefore everything is really nothing and nothing is really everything and therefore we can make the rules up as we go to whatever makes me feel better about myself (this is just my dumb uneducated take on it, not looking to start a debate on this subject)

The same idea can be applied to the other factors in obesity. The most simple and most important factor is energy in vs energy out, but there are many little complicating factors like different genetic metabolic rates, different grellin hunger hormone levels, availability of healthy food, etc

All of these other factors are concisely summarized in this video by Jeff Nippard I previously posted to the Lose Weight thread. To what degree you want to lean on these other factors as excuses for your success or more likely your failure (“cope” as you call it) depends on the person. I personally put a shit ton of value on energy in vs energy out and have no qualms about calling people who fail undisciplined and lazy…

…And, if I could volunteer to be injected with DNA that would change my metabolic rate and hunger negatively so I could prove I could STILL lose fat through sheer effort and willpower even with a bigger genetic disadvantage I would. But alas we lack the technology to give me shittier genetics

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=