View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Patches tend to throw a wrench into the gears, whether on purpose or by accident. As others have pointed out, what was true several years ago isn't true anymore which won't remain true in the years ahead.

People like to say that this game has been solved, discovered, etc. because it's mostly accurate but they aren't accounting for the mundane details that can and do make a world of difference. Over time new ways of doing things become the standard until newer ways are found or restrictions put in place as a result. It's a game of cat and mouse, developer and player.
I feel like there's a lot of people that say this game is solved but there's a lot of innovative stuff or mechanics that are not well known at all. This is especially true if you're going off publically available sources intead of whatever private notes are in place.

I still don't know if Statue and Avatar of War are belly casters; its not listed on their wiki page, but when I sent people to try and kite Statue for preslow on the no rules quake it failed miserably. Were we just unlucky and/or had problems with range, or was that doomed from the start?

The only raid mob I know you can land poison spells on is Dain Frostreaver IV, but I have no idea how many others are vulnerable except not Sontalak or Cazic Thule.

I don't know if any raid mobs aren't immune to run speed changes.

I didn't know Statue doesn't social with Guardians of Zek faction until I started pulling him. Turns out he doesn't see hide either, despite the wiki page saying he does.

I can go pull Armors of Zek to zoneline whenever now that I worked out the interaction with the 1 way wall, but there's not a lot of hints on good ways to pull them without clearing anything. Never seen other rogues suggest doing it.

It was not at all obvious Yetarr does enough damage that its worth dedicating 3 free enchanters to maintaining a dictate loop+charm handoff until he was actually pulled out and tested in a Dictate loop.

Didn't know Neb would fight Zlandicar or not, but it turns out he does. Zlandi bugs out completely when he kills him though, so too bad about that or it could be used to try for an ultra low man.

Mages can ramp tank anything unsupported for 200 plat/minute using corpsed box of the voids. Picked up several vindis that way where we didn't have a ramp tank or ramp healer, don't think I've seen anyone else do that or mention it.

Project Lightning's low man Vindi using no players in Ramp range to control wizard deaths for respawning with mana is clever and I haven't see it before.

There's still a source of damage that can hit any number of targets in the game simultaneously, but whether anyone will ever be able to do anything interesting with it is currently up in the air.

I wonder how many people know about the 2 minute respawn camp for 20% chance at 500 instaclick healing/rune potions, because its on the wiki now but I've seen it come as a surprise to a bunch of people.

I've had a fellow theorycrafter show me an item that he figured out how to farm that is flagged as a GM event item on the wiki.

There was no indicator I could find that the Shardwing Courier quest turnin was worth a huge amount of experience before I tested it.

Stunned, mezzed and DA players automatically drop to the bottom of the aggro list, so can you spinstun yourself with a orb of confusion to drop aggro if you're DPS? I don't know, I don't have one and haven't gotten around to asking someone to test it.

I think it might be possible to solo farm Eyepatch of Shadows. Maybe if I ever get a 60 enchanter I'll try and see if I can pull it off. I probably should try and get an enchanter to 60, there's too many cool mechanics that need them to explore.

Its very unclear how the aggro mechanics from healing pets work based on anything I've been able to figure out.

There's just a lot of really interesting things to try and explore in this game. Even the knowledge that does technically exist is way more siloed than you would expect.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE