View Single Post
Old 06-18-2023, 12:00 PM
Banned

^
Of those, the first 5 are pretty remote

Tempe is the first big city, and I work in Tempe, there’s no gang issues there at all. Decent amount of homeless in Tempe and Phoenix, but the homeless here seem far less aggressive and violent than in NY, it seems like a cultural difference (not meaning ethnicity just behavior)

The legit dangerous places in az are south Phoenix, that DOES have a decent amount of gang activity, then places like Glendale, Metro, parts of Mesa, and especially Maryvale. But Maryvale is super poor and so most people have no business that would bring them there ever. I go there for work occasionally and keep my head on a swivel but have never had any problems even in Maryvale

But when I say I wouldn’t want to live in NY, it’s all about how I think a court would treat a self defense case. I never walk around armed (neither knife or gun), but my conscience will not allow me to watch a crazy dude assault someone or myself without attempting to stop it. The caveat is I would attempt to de-escalate with words first obviously, but I’m guessing that wouldn’t work
Last edited by unsunghero; 06-18-2023 at 12:18 PM..