Thread: SK Race Choice
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For OP's sake, I'll chime in one last time. It's the long casting time on the BE stuff that makes it less appealing when doing more challenging content at 60. 5 second snares and 3 second FDs are rough. You can still work it in, but you're getting a lot less value than when grinding lower level mobs as fast as possible. Certain persons haven't graduated from the grinding blues so they are obsessed with it. You'll have to weigh your BE FOMO against your Iksar FOMO and decided what you can live with.

Since you said you come from a min/max background, you should know the Min/Max is to not play an SK main (Warrior, Monk, Necro can be a good substitute depending on what you wanna do). To actually get the raid gear, you're gonna be relentlessly clowned on as an SK and asked to switch to a cleric often. If you're a good enough player or a "locker room" guy you can mitigate this somewhat.

If you're interested in what end game SK stuff is like feel free to DM me.
I used to think the same way. On live I didn't like clickies due to the longer casting time. But you just need to learn how to use them. It sounds like you just need to get more comfortable with them. Being 60 and raid geared doesn't mean you know everything.

The math backs me up, and I can show you how to incorporate clickies in to fights if you need it.

For OPs sake, I wouldn't advise listening to people who underestimate Blood Ember. Not a knock against Keebz, but he is wrong and doesn't seem to want to update his understanding. Hopefully he will come around.

At Jimjam, the average is 2 PPM at 255 dex. Can you proc more or less in a minute? Sure, but its not reliable. Over time you are hitting the average. 3 procs in 1 minute will probably be followed by one proc in the next. Greenmist would be better if the average was 3 procs per minute, so you could reliably stack Greenmist + 2 Epic procs.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-17-2023 at 02:20 PM..