View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like AP news fact checked this

I think it’s safe to say the amount of fentanyl in his body could have possibly been life threatening if the choke didn’t kill him, especially if he ate a bunch to hide it as many criminals tend to do

Cops should and do (nowadays) have Narcan on hand for these things luckily

And Saint Floyd was a piece a shit, too bad we don’t get better martyrs. Like the innocent cops who get gunned down in random ambushes that no one seems to care about enough to learn their names
I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure "cardiopulmonary arrest" is exactly what happens when you OD on an opioid; your lungs and heart slow down and eventually stop, then your brain dies from not receiving oxygenated blood.

In any case, a few people have reenacted the whole scenario using stand ins for the cops and the worst anybody reported was that it's uncomfortable to lay like that for 10 minutes, so I think it's reasonable to conclude the drugs played a much larger role than chavin's knee, which wasn't really doing anything other than holding him down.