View Single Post
Old 05-29-2023, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvidez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the left owns language because they are the smart ones?

this is a terrible post. if you need me to come over to your side and show how to argue for chaos, np.

Liberal is not left. Liberal is an adjective. The 2nd amendment is liberal to the max. The free market system is liberal, again, to the max.

I do not equate liberal with left. Liberal is a relative term, used politically, to describe a given law or policy. In the 1920's, it was "liberal" to grant women the vote. Now it would not be called liberal at all. It would be called catching up to that which has long been... ready? ... liberated.

Language liberates. But that is different from saying language is leftist. That is pretty silly. The liberal arts, to continue that thought, are intended to liberate the mind. Many idiots inside and outside academia thinks this means, make more leftists.

I will require a stipulation that people need to up their language game if they want to move about the world of ideas freely.

No. Chaos. No. You are chaotic neutral. I am lawful neutral. I only smash the icons that deserve to be smashed; you would have us smash them all!

Bah! Scoundrel!