View Single Post
Old 05-19-2023, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah the libertarian in me thinks it should be legal to cut both your legs off because you identify as a bombing victim, but then the rational part of my brain realizes that's fuckin crazy and also imposes real costs to the rest of society. Trans people require time and money and labor from everyone else, and since they're typically rabidly left leaning they also want it to be taxpayer funded, *AND* for it to be some kind of human rights violation to use the wrong fucking word when describing them. I'm never going to agree to that.
I see. Well these people exist and they aren’t going anywhere. It’s no skin off my back to call someone by their preferred pronoun.

As far as taxpayers funding transitions, I don’t think that’s happening currently or would pass in any sort of legislation but I’ve not researched this.

Also I don’t really see how someone transitioning is a detriment to everyone else in society. Kinda seems like a personal journey to me.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Last edited by Skarne; 05-19-2023 at 06:44 PM..