View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 09:10 PM
Fire Giant

I have always wanted to play on Red, but have always found it such a daunting task to play catchup in such a hostile environment, so i've only ever dipped my toe in once - and yes, it was bitten right off haha

I'd definitely play with these alterations, as unlikely as some of them seem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even with a strong ruleset in place, I think you'd have to sweeten the pot a little to bring in a good amount of players. A successful new Red server would need several hundred PvE players to migrate over from Blue/Green and stay for the long term. They would need an incentive to do so. Something like:

- Legacy items (manastone, beads, etc...) never phased out and continue to drop for duration of server's life
- Large XP bonus that scales up with group members
- Significantly reduced XP loss on normal death (i.e. -75%) and 0% loss on a PvP death
- No item loot, coin loot only from even level range PvP kill
- Juiced raid mob loot tables to drop better/more gear
- Restore some previously removed, out of era quality of life features (i.e. DoT ticks)
- Shortie race hybrids

Basically, just give PvE players a reason to stick it out there by making the PvP server also attractive for PvE in a way that Blue and Green are not.

Asher