View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can also just go to vox and nag (or any other raid) whether you're in the guild killing them or not. There's (almost) no rule that says you must vacate the area when a raid happens. If you just want to *see* eq raid mobs it's pretty easy to do no matter who you are, and you can actually learn a lot about how the encounters go just as a spectator.
I was considering saying something like that, something like "just go where they go," but then OP will ask:

How do I know when Vox is?

Know what I'm saying? OP doesn't know Vox's previous time of death, so they don't know the window, and even if they did, they aren't privy to the batphone telling them when Vox spawns. Hopefully OP is bound outside of Permafrost, of course.

And if OP dives in along with <Whatever Guild> and dies, hopefully that guild helps them CR...I'm just not sure it's that helpful for us to say "yeah man, just go where everyone else is going."

So maybe OP just needs to do the work of trying out a guild and showing up to some raids, learning, and hoping that guild goes for Vox during the next X time period (let's say "this year").