Thread: Bard melee
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

As far as I can remember my significant solo xp came from pbaoe kiting and the charm method Tox outlines above. Although I think I usually mixed in a little melee to finish the runners. When playing the bard, instead of comparing my melee solo to solo rangers I'm comparing it to those methods.

Running around at 60 seeing what I can solo and what I can farm I've used melee a fair amount. All the gear and level 60 spells help. For example the 60 dot+slow lasts a minute, so you can remove slow from the regular twist and replace it with another dot, netting two dots. Prime hand instruments let you swap them in right as songs land so you can melee and do full dot damage. Lute of the Howler haste, especially added with either a deep sea or epic proc, lets you have spell haste without singing it, making room for another dot if you had been singing haste or just better melee dps if you hadn't.

It also seemed to make sense to melee some in the majority of groups I was in, but that judgment can be sensitive to group makeup / gear / era.