View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 02:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see it as your average high-end bank employee being a capitalist, and fundamentally conservative, regardless of whether they vote for Democrats or Republicans. So it's just rich conservatives bailing out other rich conservatives to me, and selling it to the public as preventing a chain reaction run on banks.

If this bank had been Wells Fargo, not the Silicon Valley one - would the right be trying to sell it as a failure of wokeness? I don't think so. I think most people are brainwashed to not see this shit as just the late-stage capitalism it really is. That's why partisans want you to adopt partisan talking points, it gets you thinking about the problem in the wrong way.

This is the same argument we have about activist judges. They're all activists. That's the role. They're supposed to make judgements.
Whoa whoa whoa had the bank been Wells Fargo bail it out. That’s my bank

Actually fuck em too. I still get my pitiful $2k in my checking account refunded via the FDIC, after that…fuck em!