View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See? That's what I'm talking about.

The issue isn't a race. If a real problem that destroys people's live exists and it involves a particular group, it's widely ignored for political purposes.

And yes, this even applies to white people and opiate use, or native people and alcoholism, or black people and gang violence.

Any attempt to solve these issues instantly gets cast as 'racist', so people avoid it like the plague, since it's apparently better to avoid being called a racist than actually try and solve an issue in the world that is destroying people.
This is why I always harp on systemic issues.

Pointing to the various statistics of whatever form of crime or bad behavior can be useful, but the right (Democrat or Republican) almost always frames issues such as this in a racist or classist way. Courts and law enforcement are biased enough as they are, no specific policy targeting a specific group for some news-drenched perception of crime is going to work unless the goal is mass riots.

Nobody ever seems to want to talk about the causes of these things. It's too damn complex. Even if I accept the common right-wing argument that it's about a 'lack of fathers in the home' or whatever, what do we do about that, and how?