View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 02:41 AM
Banned

https://web.archive.org/web/20010426...ne=76&start=25

12:30:51 Apr 26, 2001

Quote:
Astral Projection By: Anonymous
Posted @ Mon, Nov 6th 1:44 PM Score: Default[2.00]
I discovered something named 'Astral Projection' when I was investigating the scorpikis chasm with my level 18 erudite necro. It was red and scowling with both gather shadows and invis to undead so I couldnt get too close. It looked from a distance like a male human with the bare-chested monk look.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010303.../000004-5.html

Quote:
Tehom
unregistered posted September 21, 2000 07:50 PM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
It's a bit of a stretch, but I might as well mention it...
If our quest involves the Shissar, there are two new quest npcs inside the canyon outside Charasis that might be used. One is an Astral Projection - he has the base human model, I'm betting that's a display error. Was blue to a level 52, hit for 137s. Poofed when he died... so I bet he was a vendor.
The other is Impaler Tzulig. Also blue, but he was very troublesome. He has a few guards with him... Skorpikis Guardians, seem to be high-40s shadowknights. The problem is Tzulig - although low level, and not immune to spells, he seems to regen something like 1k health a tick. We couldn't kill him. I'll try again when we get a necro or shadowknight to disease cloud him.

These may not have anything whatsoever to do with our quest, but it's worth a try.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010208.../000018-9.html

Quote:
Hika
unregistered posted 09-27-2000 01:25 AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I saw the gnome in OT, he had a last name implying association with Bertoxxulous, but I forget it exactly (like Plaguebinder or something like that).
Keep in mind that the druid FA quest requires killing/dealing with someone infecting the oceans of Norrath with poisons and disease, quite likely these gnomes are part of that (as the gnome "evil" god is Bertoxxulous)

I did manage to get my enchanted emerald tonight, by noting I wasn't KOS to the Impaler and just handing it to him without charming him.

Bad idea that

About 5 harmtouches and a couple of 165 point hits later, I was a smear on the ground. As a side effect the Impaler goes from being non-kos non-see-invis to KOS, see invis after you hand in the gem. I did get the enchanted emerald back though.

Interestingly enough, while down there, I noticed a human NPC wearing monk clothing (looked like Shiverback, thought he was a PC at first). Conned blue to me at level 55, saw invis, and was KOS to all illusions and collaboration. His name? "Astral Projection". Might be a tie-in to the monk quest.

Oh, and I tried to find Modani on my server (also Tarew Marr -- waves at Mezmur), and no avail, I searched the specified location in the spoiler, as well as exploring the various temples by hand (as I am not KOS to the scorps). Saw nothing that looked like a canditate. I fear a rare spawn =(

I had no tracker with me, unfortunately, to see if he was up anywhere.

-- Hika

https://web.archive.org/web/20010224.../057784-4.html

Quote:
FatherAzerun
Station Member posted 02-18-2001 11:03 AM
First, I want to join in the chorus of "Thank yous" among those who appreciate that Verant is working to engage in feedback from people playing their classes. And I recognize that not everyone will agree on possible fine tunings.
Let me add that I don’t feel the need to say another class should have something taken away just take make Mages more desirable. Nor do we need alternate vectors of attack (DOTs, cold, wind, etc) if indeed our own vectors of attack can be made to be a touch more friendly to the caster. We would appreciate a role, as do all pure casters, in being able to deal some damage to the large “boss” mobs that currently really only seek tanks and tank support.

Nor in general do pets need too much work, except A) certain low level pets such as fire and air which are too fragile to use and B) post-50 pets which are also too fragile to use and C) the ever-important issue of control to where having pets would become a desirable thing.

In this post I wish to address only one line of spells, our summonings.

Summons: This line is one of the ones that we rather hope can make us most valued in a group. However, none of the things we summon are of good quality by the time we summon them; the post-50 quiver of Marr arrows are great, but for whom? People love our waterstones, for the two or three rare times they desire them. Coldstones are desirable to races with poor vision. Some spells would be wonderful bumped down a spell ranking; the inclusion of early magical 1hb would be appropriate and is a gaping hole; the fact that the norent status on bags makes them effectively unwanted nullifies what would otherwise be a useful line of spells. And, of course, shard of the core has been appropriately castigated as needing to be in both range or ammo slot, and possibly tradable. In addition to the changes proposed what about:

1. Summon Sewing kit; jeweler’s kit; portable oven, etc; These mid-range spalls would summon norent equivalents to tradeskill kits. This would make the magician seen as a more valuable companion during downtime while people med.

2. Summon “functional NPC”: Summon baker, bartender, summon merchant, summon banker. A line of spells that would briefly summon an immobile NPC who functioned as a merchant or banker. After all, since astral projections can come into the world to do commerce, why not summon these commercial beings to do trade with the people of Norrath. The bonuses would be enormous: Most people who won’t hunt certain areas frequently because of their remoteness would be more likely to do so if they had these resources available to them. Further, since these NPC merchants would vanish after being dismissed (and they would take the place of a mage’s pet slot, so a mage would have to unsummon their pet to bring one in), this would help the economy of Norrath from not constantly being flooded; any items sold to these ethereal merchants would be taken out of the game.

3. “You shall not evade me!” : Obviously a spell in the game: why not have it that if a monster is aggroed, the mage might be able to cast a spell with a low casting time (but high recycle time) that would pull the monster back to them? It would be a different type of crowd control than root or snare; as the monster would be on top of the magician. It would not replace a puller, as the monster not only would have to be targeted by the magician but also already have to have the magician on their hate list. Since call of the hero has become a new post-50 mage spell that makes them desirable in groups, lower levels surely could benefit from the abilityt o bring back a monster that flees or warps. Since magic resist always plays a role, such a line of spells would never be too overpowered as it would require a higher level spell to effectively summon such a creature back.

Father Azerun
Gatecaller
Guildleader, Hand of Mana, Nameless Server