View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 03:20 PM
Aviak

Just posting the instructions here for convenience:

"TrilogyEMT is a project to implement MP3 versions of the music in Original, Kunark, and Velious zones on Titanium and perhaps other post-PoP EQ clients.

Shendare's work on the Eff2Emt tool made this possible! (https://github.com/Shendare/Eff2Emt)
Maestrobob's MP3 transfers using the AWE32 soundfont are featured in this release. (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=104)

v0.1
Renamed mp3 songs more descriptively and removed duplicates
Created "XMI to MP3" spreadsheet, which lists all zones a song plays in
Converted eff files to emt format
Updated the new emt files to reference mp3 songs instead of xmi

---Installing---
1. Back up all existing .emt files in your EverQuest directory.
2. Copy all .emt files in the EMT folder to your EQ directory. Overwrite any files that already exist.
3. Copy the /music folder into your EQ directory.
-Optional
4. Back up combattheme1.mp3, combattheme2.mp3, deaththeme.mp3, and eqtheme.mp3.
5. Copy the four files from the optional folder and replace those in your EQ directory.

---Notes---
The MP3 songs play Much louder than the MIDI music. You will likely need to turn your music volume down in game. Unfortunately, the emt files seem to ignore the volume setting for mp3s.
I haven't noticed any negative impact on load times or gameplay since using this with an SSD.
It's pretty easy to modify/remove music you don't care for. I'm particularly fond of using "beach" on character select! Just be sure the file name matches what you're replacing or edit the zone's emt file in Notepad or Excel.
In future releases, I'm looking to tinker with the emt conversion. Some of the fade-outs seem especially long. I also want to add some of this music that just wasn't used originally. It's a cryin' shame none of the Sky themes play and "jaunty3" doesn't play in Maestro's hall!"