View Single Post
Old 02-16-2023, 02:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always just assumed most of what makes Enchanters so good on P99 is just that the game has been out for 20+ years and it's now a solved game and back in the day people didn't understand how to get the most out of the class. Is that not the case?
Loramin is just obsessed with some made-up version of enchanter he has in his head and has been crying about it for years, apparently.

I was there in 1999. I only played Enchanter on live and I played it for years. Most of the things that make Enchanter so much stronger in P99 compared to back in the day have little to nothing to do with different code. It's like you said, all the accumulated knowledge, and it's also things like much faster pings to the server, it's GINA audio and text alerts, and etc. Even if I were to try to solo charm just without GINA it is a night and day difference. Back on live, you couldn't react nearly as fast as you can now because of the much higher connection latency. That made trying to charm back then much more deadly. I didn't know about JBoots or GGRs back in live and yet I still managed to charm solo back then. Yet nearly every last enchanter on P99 will have those two items if they can afford it and will have the CHA as maxed as they can.

He says in his post here that you can charm through a mob beating on you because the coding for spell interruption is wrong on P99 - this just shows he doesn't know what he's talking about. No enchanter worth anything is going to be sitting there trying to cast charm on a mob hitting them. You control them first with either a fast-casting pbaoe stun, mez, or root. At high level you'll only even live through like 2 rounds of combat anyways, maybe a few more if you've got you're rune up and full.
Last edited by TripSin; 02-16-2023 at 02:16 AM..