View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not discouraging playstyle, nor do I dislike it. Just stating the facts.

I'm not sure why you keep clinging on to this Cliff Golem downtime argument, but it's pretty sad as it proves nothing. Regen will still net you more mana over time, so if you aren't utilizing that extra mana, that's on you. And ironically, from how I've seen you kill Cliff Golems, regen would actually be more effective for you, since you let your pet tank.

This is really is not hard to follow.
The "fact" that Shamans aren't a tank class by definition is irrelevant. They can tank better than most classes (even tank classes) with Slow + Torpor. I am not sure why you think this matters. If the developers called Rogues "spell casters", that doesn't change how they play (they don't cast spells).

The Cliff Golem example is quite simple. Regeneration isn't doing anything for you during the fight, and it isn't saving you time due to reducing your downtime. Therefore, you are getting nothing out of it.

You can watch my Cliff Golem example and do the math on how much extra mana I would have gotten from regeneration. You will find that it will not have reduced the fight time at all.