View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say there aren't Shamans who don't solo[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I said most Shamans like to solo in addition to grouping/raiding. You don't need data to understand this point. Shamans are one of the few classes that can solo/group/raid equally well across all level ranges. Same with Enchanter. Most players aren't going to spend 60k+ on Torpor without also wanting to solo. A lot of people don't have multiple level 60 characters, so one enticing reason to make a Shaman or Enchanter is you can have one level 60 that can do everything.

In duo/group situations there are plenty of times where FSI can be useful on a Shaman, since you may need to off-tank something. I rarely use Fungi Tunic/Regrowth anymore in solo or group situations, and I don't lose any time. If losing 30 hp/tick isn't a problem, losing 8 hp/tick isn't a problem.

Design is irrelevant to how the class actually plays. Shamans can solo better than most classes, even though they are a support class. By your logic Rogues should be good soloers, since they are designed as a DPS class. I am pretty sure Enchanters were also supposed to be support classes by design.
Ah shifting goalposts again I see.

Now you are claiming Shamans like to solo in addition to grouping/raiding. Before you were saying shamans spend most of their time soloing instead of mostly grouping/raiding. Which one is it?

Just because shamans can solo, doesn't mean it is what they do the majority of the time. The mere fact that you admit they do other things means we have no idea what they spend the most time doing, but yet you argue in favor of FSI which is 99% a solo benefit when it comes to shamans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Design is irrelevant to how the class actually plays. Shamans can solo better than most classes, even though they are a support class. By your logic Rogues should be good soloers, since they are designed as a DPS class. I am pretty sure Enchanters were also supposed to be support classes by design.
This is a really bad analogy. Rogues being a dps class has nothing to do with soloing. Shamans are a support class, and that is where they shine the most. Doesn't mean they can't do other things, but you're arguing in favor of a solo shaman, but this isn't where you see their most potential. This is expected, because they were designed as a support class. Similarily, while rogues can solo, a class solely designed as a dps class will not shine the most soloing. We also know things are broke with Enchanters and likely not classic here, such as channeling & how reliable charm is. Same with monks, as they were eventually nerfed in Luclin.
Last edited by Crede; 02-08-2023 at 12:13 PM..